Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Legalized

Started by RenoRider75, May 30, 2013, 05:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RenoRider75

I am officially legal.  My MSF is still coming up in 10 days, but I have the little 'M' on my license now.   :D

My bike has 500 miles on it now, time for its first service.  It has a lot of bugs on it too from lots of evening riding; how do you wash a motorcycle?  I don't want to accidentally fill the air box with water from the hose or something...

dub

People tend to think there is some danger to washing a motorcycle; there isn't. Remember, you can ride it in the driving rain all day long and it's fine. Just don't shoot a strong jet of water at something that wouldn't normally be exposed to it. Like the air intake, ignition, gauge cluster, etc.  Other than that, just wash it as normal.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

RedLeader

"Why are motorcycle dealers closed on Sundays? Because Sunday is for worship... Catholics go to church, Motorcyclists go to the track." -Justin Skalka

RenoRider75

LOL ouch.  Pretty sure my wife would not enjoy that.   :o  Thanks for the tip, I'll wash it in my driveway this weekend.

Tahoebrian5

Nice job, looking forward to seeing you on a ride
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.