Main Menu

Sunday June 2oth to Ice House

Started by A DRAGON, June 07, 2010, 03:52:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A DRAGON

I was talking with GM and Dean about the Ice House ride. I think if we go I-80 to 49 it might be quicker. I really want to ride with Scott, But I really hate Hwy 50 to get there the traffic makes my Butt hurt just thinking about it. I know I'm the worst one about freeway riding. What do you think?
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

(Duplicated post)  :-\

I don't mean to rain on anyone's Wentworth Springs Rd parade, but Saturday (06/05) the last 3 mile stretch that joins at Icehouse Rd was covered with patches of snow drifts and slushy water.  About five drifts and what wasn't covered with snow was covered in enough pine debris we could only proceed at about 35 MPH at best.  Thankfully some high axle 4WD trucks cleared a path and we were able to make it through, so it's 98% there and hopefully clear by this Sunday.

Just don't want to get everyone's hopes up only to find that not all the road is ready for prime time -- anticipate getting your bike wet and dirty.  Other than that, the conditions were excellent on both roads.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

A DRAGON

Thanks for SNOWING on my parade.  I'll pack a snow shovel and a bottle of advil
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

I think it's possible with the warmer temps for a lot of the drifts to recede, but unless Caltrans sweeps the pine needle goop, that brief section of road won't be any fun.  On the positive side of it, both Icehouse and Wentworth Springs were clear and clean otherwise. 
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

A DRAGON

Green Machine. What do you think of the route to get there should be? Hwy 50 Traffic just sucks !!!!!!!!!
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

n10sive

88 to Immigrant, then a short trip back up 50 to Icehouse. Or...Immigrant to Silver Fork Rance Rd which comes out in Strawberry. KneeJerk just rode it last week. I think it's open
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

A DRAGON

I remember Immigrant road. It was bumpy as Godzilla's back. Has it changed? I mean the road. Not Godzilla's back.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

n10sive

Immigrant is NICE! I frequently am doing 80+ on it. There are a few spots at the beginning and the end you have to watch for. And this time of year, there will be some rocks on the road until it gets really cleaned. I suggest a 'smell the roses' pace :)
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

wills

Head over Yuba, follow 49 across 80 to Gtown and Wolla!
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

Rick Bay (BRA)

Sunday 20th is SSA Track Day too !!

GreenMachine

I think the thread heading is a mistake.  The SSA track day is the 20th and Icehouse is listed for this Sunday, June 13th. 

From speaking with Jerome on Tuesday night, my impression was that he was talking about this weekend.  BTW, I don't even know what June 2oth is?  Does anybody?

Havoc

I have a few people comin with me to the meetup on Hwy 50 are you for sure going to meetup at the beginning of Icehouse rd at the turnoff or what.  My name on the SCR forum is 929Tommy someone please text me an answer 916 213 7235

GreenMachine

Duplicate post from SCR - It looks like I may be in a separate pack of SSA riders, picking up others coming down from Sierraville, CA.

Don't quote me, but it would appear there will be up to three small SSA riding groups or just two and me (being the third).  My intended route will be come down from the Nevada City area/Auburn (49) to hwy 50, ending up at SCR's meet up at Fresh Pond Chevron ~11AM.  We can then easily join the North SSA (I-80) and South SSA riders, as well as, any other SCR groups at the T (hwy-50/Ice House) a few minutes later.

Havoc

I am leaving El dorado Hills at exactly 10:30 so I should be at that Chevron around 11:10 to 11:20 I am assuming for a quick fill up and head straight to the opening at Icehouse for an epic f'n day.   I ride an all black 2000 CBR 929RR matte black helmet and a club vest that says Lethal Riders I will see you there..

A DRAGON

Kool Havoc. I'll be on my Black SV in red/white/black leathers. See you at the entrance.
We'll be leaving Carson City at 9:30
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750